SEJCA Under-12 Representative trials12-Jul-2020 We are delighted to announce representative trial dates for the U12 South Eastern Junior Cricket Association. The trials are open to children who will be under the age of 12 on 1 September 2020.
Details as follows:
Trial 1 (batting & bowling) on Sunday 16 August from 3PM to 6PM. Once we understand the number of players who will attend Trial 1, it may be necessary for us to split the trialists into a number of sessions. Following this session, and subject to the number of registered trialists, we may also reduce the number of players selected for Trial 2.
Trial 2 (batting, bowling + fielding) on Sunday 23 August from 3PM to 6PM. Following this trial, a squad of 15 players (12 team members + 3 shadow players) will be chosen to commence training for the Metropolitan Youth Championship (“MYC”) run by Cricket New South Wales
Venue: The Trials will be held at The Norm O’Neill Cricket Facility, 1A Percival Street, Penshurst.
Sessions & Registration
- We are asking parents to register for Trial 1 via the TryBooking link here https://www.trybooking.com/BKJWX
- A fee of $20 per player will be payable for each trial. This is to cover hire of the facilities and payment of coaches. Note that registrations for Trial 1 will close at 5PM on 17 July 2020.
- When registering for Trial 1, you will be asked to provide some clothing size information for your child. This is to assist us with uniform order planning for the final teams and shadow players. Players will not be receiving uniforms for participating in the trials.
- Your child should bring their own 142-gram red cricket ball marked with their name. Players will not be permitted to share balls and other cricket equipment.
- Players are not permitted to wear any previous year’s SEJCA representative clothing to the Trials.
Selection Regulations & ProcessIn accordance with Cricket NSW’s Qualification Criteria for the MYC note that:
- A player must have played three (3) games with SEJCA affiliated club in season 2019 / 2020 to be eligible for selection in a final MYC team.
- A player is not permitted to trial for more than one Association.
In the interests of transparency, we have attached 2020/2021 Representative Program Selection Processes & Criteria.
Players who are new to the district, and qualify according to the criterial detailed are also welcome to trial.
The Open Trials must be run in accordance with Covid-19 guidelines issued by the NSW Government, Cricket Australia and Sport Australia. We need to ensure the safety of all players, coaches, parents, volunteers and CNSW staff.
We have also attached 2020/2021 Representative Academy Covid-19 Guidelines for the conduct of the Open Trials. We ask that you read these carefully and acknowledge that you have read and understood them in the Try Booking registration process for Trial 1.
Specifically, please note that parents will not be allowed to attend the trial facility during the Trials. We ask that you attend to registration at the front of the building, whilst observing social distancing protocols, and then return for collection of your child at the scheduled session end time.
We look forward to your child’s participation in the trials. In the meantime, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Interested in sponsoring Easts Cricket Club?
Contact our Sponsorship Manager TODAY - A wide range of affordable, tailored packages are available.
Date: Thursday 30th July
Where: Margaret Whitlam Community Centre, Waverley Oval