About Easts Cricket
Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club (Waverley) Incorporated (ESCC) has been a community cricket club since 1894. In that time is has been of service to thousands of families both in the Eastern Suburbs area and beyond.
In their life’s journey thousands of young men and women have passed though Waverley Oval, its coaching classes and extensive junior competition. While some have gone on to represent the district and beyond, all have benefited from the mentoring provided by the coaches and senior players from the club.
It is not trite to say that lifetime friendships have been forged at Waverley Oval, something that will continue as long as cricket remains our premier summer sport and is played at Waverley Oval.
Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club is constantly evolving and expanding. It continues as a major force in the Sydney Grade Cricket competition and provides a nursery for players at inter district, state and national level.
Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club is governed by a constitution that defines the operation and the rules of the club. For further information, please download a copy of the Easts Constitution.
To achieve excellence on and off the field through effective execution, communication, professionalism and accountability.
Our vision and strategy pledges to:
- Modernise the club's governance
- Improve ESCC's financial status, including increasing sponsorship
- Forge a greater connection within the local community and past players
- Lift the profile of the club
- Work in consultation with the club's coaches to develop successful retention and recruitment strategies
- Continue to grow and develop our junior programs
The simple mantra for the ESCC MC will be that of Communication, Accountability & Transparency.
We know we will have succeeded over the next five years if by 2018 we:
- Make the senior men's club a premier club with improved on-field performances. This includes having a large emphasis on first grade winning a title, becoming regular semi-final contenders, and the club winning a Club Championship.
- Improve player recruitment and retention by reducing the high turnover of players and recruiting key and quality players to the club to fill "gaps" within the playing ranks.
- Double the club's net assets by 2018 and improve the financial situation within the club and provide security to endure any future unforeseen circumstances that may have a detrimental effect on the overall health of the club on and off the field.
- Increase the level of sponsorship through effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Increased membership numbers though connecting with the wider community and former players and supporters.
- Increase the number of NSW representative players within the playing ranks by having a coaching structure that provides an environment that promotes excellence.
- Positive feedback to the Management Committee from members regarding general output
- including but not limited to, the improved results of the grade teams, communications, events and general business.
- Establish a positive image of the club in the wider cricket community and the eastern Sydney area through effective ‘rebranding’ strategies and improved club culture.
- Enhance the Juniors and increase participation.
Interested in sponsoring Easts Cricket Club?
Contact our Sponsorship Manager TODAY - A wide range of affordable, tailored packages are available.
Easts have been successful in obtaining a $25,000 facilities grant from the State government, which will see the current synthetic nets refurbished and two new nets added. The grant will be a major boost for our junior development. More in Latest News.
Become a Sponsor
At all levels, we have implemented a holistic approach to our sponsorship program. This allows our club sponsors to directly engage with our members and their families and actively get involved with their lifestyles.... (more)
One of the great things about Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club is that it opens up opportunities for its members and players both on and off the field. (more)