Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club (ESCC) is one of the largest cricket clubs in Australia and is unique in that our junior and senior teams are managed under one Management Committee. Player participation drives all our cricket programs and we aim to provide a family friendly environment to allow everyone to develop to the best of their abilities.
- We run a Milo In2Cricket clinic from 8:00 am to 9:00 am on Saturday mornings. The program will run from 8 October through to mid March with a break from mid December till end January. The In2Cricket clinic is designed for kids aged 4 through 8 and focusses on developing the basic skills of cricket. Our In2Cricket program is unique in that our senior Sydney Premier Grade players are involved in everyone of our sessions and provide all the participants with access to a large number of coaches and active cricketers.
- Our Under 8 T20 Blast players all gather at 8:15 am at Rowland Park on Saturday mornings as part of the Cricket NSW managed T20 Blast. Players get to show off all their skills in highly active T20 cricket matches which last for 90 minutes. The T20 Blast will start 15 October and continue through to mid March with a break across December and January.
- We field teams in the South Eastern Junior Cricket Association (SEJCA) competition in all age groups from under 9 mods through to under 16 and provides a participative yet competitive environment. It is our aim to develop all our players through various aged based coaching programs, specialist training at our home ground with our Junior high performance coaches and through participation in the Easts Academy for our U16. Details regarding the different Junior options are detailed below.
- New for 2016 / 2017 we will field teams in the Girls Sydney Sixers league in U13 and U17 competitions. Games are held on Saturday afternoons and form part of the Cricket NSW pathway for girls cricket. Follow this link if you want to read more about this new program!
- We field Girls T20 Blast teams in T20 competitions managed by Cricket NSW. Specialist training and games are held on Friday evenings at Waverley Oval and provide both skills development and competition under the guidance of our club coaches.
How much is it?
|Milo T20 Blast||$240|
|Girls T20 Blast||$99|
|Girls Sydney Sixers League||$99|
|Junior Cricket: Ages 11 and under||$290|
|Junior Cricket: Ages 12 and older||$315|
What do I get for my money?
Registration fees include Easts playing shirt and hat, relevant association fees, council ground fees, insurances, use of appropriate cricket equipment, use of Waverley #2 as training ground, club coaches (Waverley sessions), use of Easts Centrewicket system to track your childs progress.
I have more than one Child to register?
We offer discounts if you have multiple children playing at Easts. For our Junior programs the discount is allocated via the website. If you are registering children in In2Cricket, Milo T20 Blast and Juniors we will reimburse the discount once the season starts.
How do I Register?
Registration for the 2017 / 2018 season will be opening up shortly!! Come back soon.
Click the Logo or link to go to the relevant registration page:
|To register for In2Cricket:|
What do I do if I've registered my child for the wrong program?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what changes we need to make!
What is the difference in the style of cricket played at Junior level?
In conjunction with Cricket NSW, SEJCA (Association) is implementing a number of changes in junior cricket. The U9 Mods format has been running successfully for a number of years and has significantly improved participation rates. We recognise the need to extend the levels of participation and as such we will see more changes in the current and in future seasons particularly in the early years of cricket participation.
SEJCA has published the specific which can be found here. In essence the major changes to the U9 Mods, Under 10 Colts and Under 11 Rangers competition for the coming season include:
- Mods, a 16 over a side of high energy 7 a-side cricket extending the skills developed at T20 Blast. Mods is the next step in the cricket pathway following on from T20 Blast and is also the starting point if you have an 8 or 9 year old that hasn't played cricket previously. 6 balls per over and played on a 15m cricket pitch with a 'softball' will allow the bowlers to gain precision more quickly. The 35m boundaries and fewer fielders will increase the batsmens opportunity to score. Games are played on Saturday mornings at venues around the Eastern suburbs.
- Colts is a 20 over over game building on the mods with 10 players a side. The cricket pitch is slightly longer than the Mods at 18.9m but still not full length but will still use a hard 142gm cricket ball. Although the pitch is not yet full length the shorter distance will allow bowlers a better opportunity to bowl accurately and therefore gives more opportunity for the batsmen to score. Batsmen are required to wear all the normal protective cricket gear. Games are played Saturday afternoons at venues around the Eastern suburbs
- Rangers is a 30 over game played with a traditional hard cricket ball and is played on a full length cricket pitch. With 10 players a side the game is designed to be fast and builds on extending the skills gained from Colts. Players will generally be Under 11 however kids new to Cricket and who are already 11 may be able to participate. Matches are played on Sunday mornings and all players are required to wear the normal protective cricket gear.
- Under 12 is a traditional 11 a-side match where standard cricket rules apply.
- SEJCA will be combining with other Associations to form an Under 13, Under 14, Under 15, Under 16 / Under 17 (dependent on player numbers) competition. Matches will consist of 2 Day, 1 Day and T20 matches played on Sunday mornings or afternoons. The aim is to have Under 14, Under 15 and Under 16 play on 'turf' pitches across South East Sydney so as to prepare our players for seniors cricket and to supplement their school cricket.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about any of the cricket programs at Easts Cricket. If you are interested in finding out more regarding the opportunity for Girls to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
EASTS RECOGNISE THE ROTARY CLUB OF BONDI JUNCTION FOR THEIR ONGOING SUPPORT OF JUNIOR CRICKET.
Interested in sponsoring Easts Cricket Club?
Contact our Sponsorship Manager TODAY - A wide range of affordable, tailored packages are available.
Easts have been successful in obtaining a $25,000 facilities grant from the State government, which will see the current synthetic nets refurbished and two new nets added. The grant will be a major boost for our junior development. More in Latest News.
Become a Sponsor
At all levels, we have implemented a holistic approach to our sponsorship program. This allows our club sponsors to directly engage with our members and their families and actively get involved with their lifestyles.... (more)
One of the great things about Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club is that it opens up opportunities for its members and players both on and off the field. (more)